ArcheoBiblioBase: Archives in Russia: E-19
Institut neftekhimicheskogo sinteza im. A.V. Topchieva RAN (INKhS)
|1959–1963||Institut neftekhimicheskogo sinteza AN SSSR
[Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis]
|1934–1959||Institut nefti AN SSSR
[Insitute of Petroleum]
The Institute was founded in 1934 as the Petroleum Institute under the Academy of Sciences. In 1959, on its basis, the Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis was established, which in 1963 was renamed to honor the founding director—Aleksandr Vasil'evich Topchiev (1907–1962).
The Memorial Cabinet-Museum of Academician S.S. Nametkin was opened in 1974 in honor of the centennial of the birth of the organic chemist Sergei Semenovich Nametkin (1876–1950), who founded the predecessor Petroleum Institute.
N.B. Institutional records of the Institute of 1958–1995 has been deposited in the Archive of the Russian Academy of Sciences (ARAN—E–1, fond 1843, 1,000 units). The annotation of this fond available electronically on the electronic informational system of ARAN: http://isaran.ru/isaran/isaran.php?pa....
Archival records of its predecessor—Institute of Petroleum—also has been deposited in ARAN (E–1, fond 1753, 1,023 units; 1974–1958; electronically: http://isaran.ru/isaran/isaran.php?pa...).
Many of Topchiev’s personal papers also have been deposited in ARAN (E–1, fond 694, 414 units, 1928–1962; electronically: http://isaran.ru/isaran/isaran.php?pa...).