ArcheoBiblioBase: Archives in Russia: E-34
Peterburgskii institut iadernoi fiziki im. B.P. Konstantinova RAN (PIIaF)
|1971–XI.1991||Leningradskii institut iadernoi fiziki im. B.P. Konstantinova AN SSSR
[B.P. Konstantinov Leningrad Institute of Nuclear Physics]
|1959–1971||Filial Fiziko-tekhnicheskogo instituta im. A.F. Ioffe AN SSSR
[Branch of the A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute]
The Petersburg Institute of Nuclear Physics (PNPI, as the English acronym) was established in 1971 as a separate institute within the Division of Nuclear Physics of the Academy of Sciences on the basis of the nuclear laboratory, which since 1954 had functioned as a branch of the A.F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute of the Academy of Sciences (see E-33). It was named after the physicist Boris Pavlovich Konstantinov (1910–1969), who had been associated with the development of the laboratory. Its present name dates from 1992 (but the Institute does not use the name of Konstantinov in the English version of its name).
The Public Information Center (Informatsionno-obshchestvennyi tsentr) was established in 1995, which included the Museum of the Institute and the Memorial Cabinet of Academician B.P. Konstantinov. In 2006 the Center was reorganized as the Museum of the Institute of Nuclear Physics.