Africa | Albania | Argentina | Asia | Australia | Austria | Balkans | Belarus | Belgium | Brazil | Brunei Darussalam | Cambodia | Canada | China | Croatia | Cyprus | Czechia | Denmark | East Timor | Eastern Europe | Estonia | Europe | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Iceland | India | Indonesia | Iran | Ireland | Italy | Japan | Laos | Latin America | Luxembourg | Malaysia | Mexico | Middle East | Myanmar | Netherlands | New Zealand | Norway | Pakistan | Philippines | Poland | Portugal | Romania | Russia | Scandinavia | Singapore | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Taiwan | Thailand | Turkey | Ukraine | United Kingdom | United States | Viet Nam
- Les femmes et les associations Women and Organizations. French site with statistical data concerning the participation of women in several French organizations, portraits of women working in these organizations, and a bibliography
Archives and Libraries
- Archives du Féminisme A French association that was founded to preserve the papers of feminists and feminists organizations. With the Bibliothèque universitaire d’Angers it established the Centre des Archives du Féminisme.
- Bibliothèque Marguerite Durand Paris, France. General information on the Library and its collections and its collector Marguerite Durand (1864-1936), from the Association Archives du Féminisme website.
- Centre des Archives du fï¿½minisme CAF A cooperation of the university of Angers and the Association Archives du Fï¿½minisme, the Centre was founded to safeguard the heritage of the French feminist movement. It is, among others, the repository of Cï¿½cile Brunschvicg's papers and the archives of the Conseil national des femmes franï¿½aises. The collections are kept in the university library of Angers. The website contains extensive information on the Centre's collections, publications and activities.
- Simone/SAGESSE Women's Studies Research Centre at the university of Toulouse le Mirail. General information in French, online catalogue of its Centre's documentation centre.
- Musea French virtual women's history museum at the Université d'Angers, France.
Associations and Societies
- SIEFAR: Société Internationale pour l'Etude des Femmes de l'Ancien Régime Société Internationale pour l'Etude des Femmes de l'Ancien Régime. The Association is devoted to French women's history from the Middle Ages to the French Revolution. Besides information on SIEFAR's mission and activities, its website offers news on events and new publications, a directory of researchers, a biographical dictionary with home made entries and entries taken from other historical dictionaries, and a list of researchers and their publications.
- Cantinières and Vivandières of the French Army Cantinières and vivandières were women who served as official auxiliary personnel to French (and other) army combat units from early modern times until about the time of World War One. Their official task was to sell food and drink to the soldiers of their regiment to supplement the always inadequate army rations. On this site Thomas Cardoza provides information about cantinières and vivandières focusing specifically on cantinières and vivandières of the French army, but also on cantinières and vivandières from other countries and cantinières serving such non-military entities as the sapeurs-pompiers (firefighters).
- EFiGiES Association des Jeunes Chercheuses et Chercheurs en Etudes Féministes, Genre et Sexualités French association for feminist, gender and sexuality studies. Information about the association's activities, bibliography, mailing list.
Last updated 11 February 2013