- International Review of Social History (1956 - ) - a long established journal with authoritative research articles is published for the IISH by Cambridge University Press
- Social'naja istorija. Ezhegodnik (Russian Social History Yearbook) (1998- ) - a Russian inititative supported by the IISH, provides scholarly articles on the social history of the Soviet period as well as ancient and contemporary Russia. (English summaries)
- Sephis E-magazine - a platform for scholars, researchers and students based in countries of the 'south' (Africa, Asia, Latin America, Caribbean and Pacific regions) to engage in conversations about their many visions of development and history.
- On the Waterfront ( 2001 - ) - the newsletter published by Friends of the IISH
- Tijdschrift voor Sociale en Economische Geschiedenis (2004- ) - the Dutch journal of Social and Economic History is published by Amsterdam University Press (AUP) for the IISH and the NEHA (English summaries)
- Jaarboek voor Vrouwengeschiedenis (1980 - ) - the Dutch Yearbook for Women's History is supported by the IISH
- Bulletin of the International Institute for Social History Amsterdam (1937-1940).
- Bulletin of the International Institute of Social History Amsterdam (1950-1955).
- International Review for Social History (1936-1939).
- MEGA-Studien (1994-2001) - published by the International Marx-Engels Foundation, contains articles on Marx, Engels and the editing of their complete works.
- Tijdschrift voor Sociale Geschiedenis (1975-2002) - journal for Dutch social history.
- Economic and Social History in the Netherlands (1989-1996) - published by the Netherlands Economic Historical Archive.
- NEHA Jaarboek (1913-2002) and NEHA bulletin (1987-2003) provide articles on Dutch economic history.