Other Lists of Conferences
The conference page is no longer maintained. For new conferences, call for papers and other announcements please go to labourhistory.net/news.Past Conferences
- Worker's collective representation in France = Colloque La représentation collective de travail. Processus normatifs en France, 1936-1968 conference / colloque, Paris, France, 1 July - 31 December 2011.
- The End of the Soviet Union? Origins and Legacies of 1991 Forschungsstelle Osteuropa an der Universität Bremen, Bremen, Germany, 19 - 21 May 2011.
- Women of the world: Women's International Activism in National Contexts from the 19th to the mid-20th Century Workshop, UFR Angellier "Langue, Littérature et Civilisations des pays anglophones", Université de Lille 3, Lille, France, 13 May 2011.
- Third European Congress on World and Global History: Connections and Comparisons European Network in Universal and Global History (ENIUGH), London School of Economics & Political Science, London, UK, 14 - 17 April 2011.
- Memory and Forgetting: Labor History and the Archive CFP: Southern Labor Studies Conference; Co-Sponsored by the Southern Labor Archives, Georgia State University Library; Southern Labor Studies Association; Labor and Working Class History Association, Atlanta, Georgia, 7 - 10 April 2011.
- Strikes and Social Conflicts in the Twentieth Century International Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, 17 - 19 March 2011.
- Consortium on the Revolutionary Era, 1750-1850 Conference, Talahassee, Florida, 3 - 5 March 2011.
- Work - Bodies - Efficiency: new perspectives in historical workplace studies Workshop, Ruhr-University Bochum, Bochum, Germany, 24 - 25 February 2011.
- Arbeit – Körper – Rationalisierung:
neue Perspektiven zum historischen Wandel industrieller Arbeitsplätze Work - Bodies - Efficiency: new perspectives in historical workplace studies Workshop, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Bochum, Germany, 24 - 25 February 2011.
- Climate Change and Union Activism A conference oorganized by the of the Swedish Labour Movement Archive and Library, Stockholm, Sweden, 10 - 11 February 2011.
Other Lists of Conferences
- Transportation as a Lifeline of Development Conference of the International Association for the History of Transport, Traffic and Mobility, National Rail Museum (NRM), New Delhi, India, 2 - 5 December 2010.
- Labour in Iranian Oil Industry Call for papers for the first workshop of the IISH research project 'Social History of Labour in the Iranian Oil Industry (1908 - 2008)', Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2 - 3 December 2010.
- Lessons from history for development ERSA / Future Research in Economic and Social History (FRESH) Conference, STIAS, Stellenbosch, South Africa, 24 - 26 November 2010.
- Power and Politics 35th Annual Meeting of the Social Science History Association, Chicago, Illinois, 18 - 21 November 2010.
- Economic crises, social crises The 30th Conference of the Portuguese Association of Economic and Social History, Lisbon, Portugal, 19 - 20 November 2010.
- Dimensions of Socialisms Societies and Socialism Network Call for Papers for the I. Workshop, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 18 - 19 November 2010.
- Always on the Defensive? Progressive Bewegung und Progressive Politik in den USA Atlantische Akademie Rheinland-Pfalz, PfalzAkademie, Lambrecht, Pfalz, Germany, 12 - 13 November 2010.
- Asian Borderlands: Enclosure, Interaction and Transformation 2nd Conference of the Asian Borderlands Research Network
, Chiang Mai University (RCSD), Thailand, 5 - 7 November 2010.
- Globalisation and Labour in the Pacific: Re-evaluating the 1890 Maritime Strike Business & Labour History Symposium, Auckland City, New Zealand, 4 November 2010.
- Labour Histories from the Global South: International Seminar Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, UFSC, Florianópolis, SC, Brazil, 25 - 28 October 2010.
- The World and the 'Solidarity' Movement, 1980-1989 A conference of the Institute of National Remembrance and the University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland, 21 - 23 October 2010.
- Class, Social Movements, and the New Politics Thirty-second NALHC annual meeting, Detroit, Michigan, USA, 21 - 23 October 2010.
- Tax revolts in Europe, the United States and colonial Empires (end of XVIIIth century – end of XXth century); Les révoltes fiscales en Europe, aux États-Unis et dans les empires co Center for North American Studies of the EHESS and the Institut d'histoire moderne et contemporaine of the Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France, 21 - 22 October 2010.
- Marriage patterns, household formation and economic development A conference organized by the Centre for Global Economic History at Utrecht University, Utrecht, the Netherlands, 10 October 2010.
- 'Salty' Geographies: Subaltern maritime networks, spaces and practices Department of Geographical and Earth Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK, 7 - 9 October 2010.
- Commercial Agriculture in Africa as an Alternative to the Slave Trade A conference at the German Historical Institute, London, UK, 23 - 25 September 2010.
- Legitimation und Protest. Gesellschaftliche Unruhe in Polen, Ostdeutschland und anderen Transformationsländern nach 1989 Tagung, Deutsches Polen Institut in Zusammenarbeit mit dem Institut für Politische Studien der Polnischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Berlin, Germany, 23 - 25 September 2010.
- 6. Workshop Historische Spanienforschung Historisches Seminar, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität et al., Georg-von-Vollmar-Akademie, Kochel am See, Germany, 17 - 19 September 2010.
- Bharat Britain: South Asians making Britain, 1870–1950 Organize by the Faculty of Arts, The Open University, Milton Keynes, London, British Library Conference Centre, London, UK, 13 - 14 September 2010.
- The Memory of Labour 46th Linz Conference: 9-12 September 2010
, Linz, Austria, 9 - 12 September 2010.
- Remembering and Rethinking the GDR: Multiple Perspectives and Plural Authenticities? A conference of the 'After the Wall’ interdisciplinary research network, Bangor University, Bangor, UK, 8 - 10 September 2010.
- Distribution Networks for Textiles and Dress, c. 1700-1945 A conference to be held at the University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK, 8 - 9 September 2010.
- City and Society in European History 10th International Conference on Urban History, Ghent, Belgium, 1 - 4 September 2010.
- Migration and mobility in a Global Historical Perspective A Conference within the framework of the Global Migration History Programme, Taiwan, 26 - 28 August 2010.
- International Congress of Historical Sciences The 21st Congress of the International Committee of Historical Sciences (ICHS) is organized by Koninklijk Nederlands Historisch Genootschap (KNHG), Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA), Koninklijke Bibliotheek (KB), and International Institute of Social History (IISH), Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 22 - 28 August 2010.
- Book Culture from Below The Eighteenth Annual Conference of the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing (SHARP), Helsinki, Finland, 17 - 21 August 2010.
- Reusing the Industrial Past A Joint Conference between the International Committee for the History of Technology (ICOHTEC) and The International Committee for the Conservation of the Industrial Heritage (TICCIH). The International Association of the Labour Museums (WORKLAB) is a minor partner in the conference., Tampere, Finland, 10 - 15 August 2010.
- 5th International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, 2 - 5 August 2010.
- Transnational Labour Migration, Remittances and Changing Family Structures and Relations in Asia An international workshop, to be held at the National University of Singapore, Singapore, 27 - 28 July 2010.
- The Godwin Diary: Reconstructing London's Culture 1788-1836 A conference of the Leverhulme sponsored research project responsible for editing the diary of William Godwin to introduce scholars to the new resource., UK, 23 - 24 July 2010.
- Abolishing Bondage from Ancient Times to the Present: Transitions in Normative Orders A conference on norms and the abolition of slavery, Bad Homburg, Germany, 9 - 10 July 2010.
- Reassessing the Seventies CCBH Annual Conference, University of London, London, UK, 7 - 9 July 2010.
- The French Revolution in 2010: the Bicentenary comes of age? Conference, Portsmouth, UK, 5 - 6 July 2010.
- Chartism Conference The annual international Chartism Conference is organised by the Society of Labour History, the Chartist Study Group and the South Wales Centre for History and Interdisciplinary Research (SWCHIR), The Sorbonne, Paris, France, 2 - 4 July 2010.
- zwischenWelten: Frauen in Migrationsprozessen (18.-21. Jh.) Frauen & Geschichte Baden-Württemberg e.a., Haus auf der Alb, Hanner Steige 1, 72574 Bad Urach, Germany, 25 - 27 June 2010.
- Space, Capital and Social History in South Asia The first of a series of annual workshops that will be organised by the Centre for Modern Indian Studies, Goettingen, Germany, 24 - 26 June 2010.
- Die Musealisierung der DDR. Wege, Möglichkeiten und Grenzen der Darstellung von Zeitgeschichte in stadt- und regionalgeschichtlichen Museen Konferenz, Stadtgeschichtliches Museum Leipzig; Bundesstiftung zur Aufarbeitung der SED-Diktatur, Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany, 21 - 23 June 2010.
- Komponisten im Gulag unter Stalin Composers in the Gulag. Internationales Wissenschaftliches Symposium, Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Göttingen, Germany, 16 - 19 June 2010.
- Local forms of production as resistance against global domination: anti-commodities An international workshop, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 17 - 19 June 2010.
- The Union Makes Us Strong: Inspiration, Guidance, and Hope During Hard Times Pacific Northwest Labor History Association Annual Conference, Oregon, USA, 11 - 12 June 2010.
- How Class Works A Conference at SUNY Stony Brook
, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 3 - 5 June 2010.
- Calenda at Revues.Org. French and other social science conference announcements.
- H-Net Academic Announcements Academic conferences, calls for papers, programs and other announcements in the humanities and social sciences.
- History Conferences Worldwide From Conference Alerts
- Labour History News News on labour history, labour history institutions and organizations; conference announcements, new publications, book reviews, etc.
- News and Events List of upcoming events organized or co-organized by the International Institute of Social History
Last updated 12 July 2010