New Links | About this Library
Africa | Albania | Argentina | Asia | Australia | Austria | Balkans | Belarus | Belgium | Brazil | Brunei Darussalam | Cambodia | Canada | China | Croatia | Cyprus | Czechia | Denmark | East Timor | Eastern Europe | Estonia | Europe | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Iceland | India | Indonesia | Iran | Ireland | Italy | Japan | Laos | Latin America | Luxembourg | Malaysia | Mexico | Middle East | Myanmar | Netherlands | New Zealand | Norway | Pakistan | Philippines | Poland | Portugal | Romania | Russia | Scandinavia | Singapore | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Taiwan | Thailand | Turkey | Ukraine | United Kingdom | United States | Viet Nam
Archives and Libraries
Specialized Archives, Libraries or Collections | Lists of Archives and Libraries
Specialized Research Institutions | Lists of Research Institutions
Associations and Societies
Specialized Associations and Societies | International Associations and Societies
General | Ancient History | Medieval History | Early Modern History | Modern History
Artists | Aviation & Space | Jewish Women | Labour History | Lesbian Women | Media | Medicine & Nursing | Men, Masculinity | Migration, Ethnic Relations, Exile | Military | Music | Science & Engineering | Sexuality | Single Women | Theory and Philosophy | Witchcraft | Women's Rights & Suffrage | Writers
Upcoming Conferences | Past Conferences | Other Lists of Conferences
Lists of journals | Journals for Women's and Gender Studies
Lists of Women's and Gender History | Women's History Month | Women's Studies | General History
- New Kadın Eserleri Kütüphanesi ve Bilgi Merkezi Vakfı The Women's Library and Information Center Foundation (Istanbul) was founded in 1990. It houses a collection of 10.018 books, more than 230 periodicals, and thousands of newspaper clippings, articles and documents. Online catalogue; information in Turkish and English about the Library's collections and activities.
- New Archiefcentrum voor vrouwengeschiedenis (AVG-Carhif) - Centre d’Archives pour l’Histoire des Femmes (Carhif-AVG) (Brussels). Belgian Archive Centre on Women's History specializing in women’s history. The centre houses archival materials, books, magazines and pictures related to women’s history and the history of the women’s movement in Belgium.
- New Jongens en meisjes, een duik in het verleden (Boys and girls - diving into the past). An interactive website designed for educational purposes by the Belgian The Archive Centre on Women’s History AVG - CARHIF.
- New n.paradoxa n.paradoxa publishes scholarly and critical articles highlighting feminist art and feminist art theory written by women critics, art historians and artists on and in relation to the work of contemporary women artists post-1970 (visual arts only) working anywhere in the world.
- New Zadra "Zadra" ("Splinter") is a Polish feminist quarterly published in Cracow by eFKA since autumn 1999.
- New Storia delle Donne Italian journal for women's history.
- New Cantinières and Vivandières of the French Army Cantinières and vivandières were women who served as official auxiliary personnel to French (and other) army combat units from early modern times until about the time of World War One. Their official task was to sell food and drink to the soldiers of their regiment to supplement the always inadequate army rations. On this site Thomas Cardoza provides information about cantinières and vivandières focusing specifically on cantinières and vivandières of the French army, but also on cantinières and vivandières from other countries and cantinières serving such non-military entities as the sapeurs-pompiers (firefighters).
- New Votes for Women This digitized material represents a selection of the collections housed at the Women's Library at London Metropolitan University, and includes posters, photographs, postcards, badges, and other memorabilia relating to the British suffrage movement; brought online through the Visual Arts Data Service (VADS).
- New Lesbengeschichte Includes a biographical sketch of Johanna Elberskirchen (1864-1943), Lesbian writer, sexual reformer, and homeopathic practitioner.
- New WOW! Worlds of Women! Worlds of Women - International Material in ARAB’s collections (WoW) is a project at ARAB to highlight and promote research on working women’s transnational relations. Through distribution of these works ARAB hopes to encourage international research and exchange.
- New Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Religious Archives Network A resource center and information clearinghouse for the history of LGBT religious movements; listed here for its Collections Catalog of research collections in the US and elsewhere of original sources from or about LGBT religious organizations or activists.
About this Library
The main purposes of this virtual library are to list women's history institutions and organizations, locate archival and library collections, and provide links to Internet resources on women's history. In addition, also included are a list of women's studies journals and a few comprehensive link collections useful as a starting point for searching the Internet for women's studies in general.
Last updated 20 February 2013